A Brief History
Faith Lutheran Church in Yucaipa was founded in September 1949 under Pastor Robert Rismiller. Initially, the congregation met in the Yucaipa Women�s Club, and, for a time, in a local mortuary. The first purchase of property on the present site was made in 1951. Over the next decade, additional property was purchased as the congregation utilized the old Parish Hall and other housing on the site. The present sanctuary was completed in 1965 and further construction took place when the first floor of the Parish building was erected in 1979. It was at that time that the Day Care Center was opened in an effort to further serve the community. The second floor of the Parish Building, including the expansive Faith Fellowship Hall, stage, and kitchen, was completed during the next decade. In recent years, Faith Lutheran Church has made a significant impact on the local community with its Food Pantry which provides food for those in need two Saturdays every month.
Pastors who have served Faith Lutheran Church as primary or associate pastor include the founder, Rev. Robert Rismiller, Rev. Robert Kerstetter, Rev. Aaron Plueger, Rev. Dr. George Roleder, Rev. Ray Johnson, Rev. Paul Jorstad, Rev. Larry Wagner, Rev. Tim Drom, Rev. Patrice Nordstrand, Rev. Ken Severa, Rev. Patricia Hoenshell, Rev. Jan Womer, and Rev. Elizabeth Williams, the current pastor. Many intern pastors trained at Faith Lutheran, as well.
Faith Lutheran Church entered into a collaboration with St. Alban's Episcopal Church, sharing a single pastor in 2013, and a single building in 2017, worshipping together in a blended service beginning in July 2017.