|This is a lily we planted after Easter last year. It is blooming nicely this year. It is marvelous to see the creative power of God at work in the world.
You may have noticed the front yard of the church blooming with new life. We planted the lilies from this Easter on the hill and in the planter. They only bloom once a year, but return each year. A sign of the renewing power of Life. Life and wonder happen around us.
In our Gospel text for this Sunday, Jesus says the Kingdom of God
is as if someone would scatter seed on the ground, 27and would sleep and rise night and day, and the seed would sprout and grow, he does not know how. 28The earth produces of itself, first the stalk, then the head, then the full grain in the head. 29But when the grain is ripe, at once he goes in with his sickle, because the harvest has come.”
All their lives, the two young brothers had lived in the city behind great stone walls and never saw field nor meadow. But one day they decided to pay a visit to the country.
Later they watched the farmer sowing grains of wheat along the furrows.
So, he wrote to his brother in the city to come at once and see for himself the wonderful change.
From A Treasury of Jewish Folklore: Stories, Traditions, Legends, Humor, Wisdom and Folk Songs of the Jewish People, Edited by Nathan Ausubel Copyright, 1948, Crown Publishers, Inc., New York
Prayer: O God, you are the tree of life, offering shelter to all the world. Graft us into yourself and nurture our growth, that we may bear your truth and love to those in need, through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord.
Grace and Peace,
Sunday @ 10 am. indoors with masks and proper social distancing for one more week. We do offer a special time for the children. We are still working on the live feed. So, I will continue to send out a link each week for the recording of the service and put it up on our website. You can join our live feed on our Faith Yucaipa YouTube page, which should work, this week. Once we have it down, we will be replacing our zoom meeting. But, for now, the ID: 891 1879 2862 and Passcode: Faith – the link is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89118792862?pwd=WUF6aHB3dmFHOXp5SWZ4ZnRDVUtJdz09.
CHURCH OFFICE HOURS: Monday and Tuesday – 9:30 to 3 p.m.
- Children’s Church continues. Are you interested in assisting? Let us know at the church office or give Robyn Blue a call.
- CAMP is open for Grades 3 – 10 is July 18 – 3 @ Oak Glen. Looks like we have three or four going.
- The pantry passed inspection with flying colors. Thanks Carol, Fred and Joe. Thanks everyone for all the bags.
- The front is taking shape, Tom Ziech and George Motschall are working on the watering system. Joe Koenig and Debi Hitter are watering the new plants for now.
- Quilting continues 40 quilts thus far –vaccinated volunteers are returning. Tuesdays starting at 9:00 am. They could use some flat king size sheets if you have them.
MEMBER UPDATES AND CONTINUAL PRAYERS
Thanks for your prayers:
- Fred Mazurier continues with tests at Loma Linda VA hospital and has his ups and downs.
- Wells Santos came through surgery on his heart and has been moved from ICU to Acute Care. He is the great grandson of Carol and Bob Jensen and grandson of Karen Santos, their daughter. Parents are Whitt and Shannon Santos. Thank you so much for the prayers.
- Becky Wilnowski is finished with her chemo treatments and says thanks for the prayers.
Do pray for
- Gerri requests prayers for her friend Linda.
- Kim Guevara’s friends, Don and Edith Besant, who just celebrated their 68th wedding anniversary. Sadly, Edith suffered a stroke and is in a coma.
Continued prayers for
- Motschall’s niece, Linda Odde, with a brain tumor.
- Diane Watson who broke her hip and is recovering well at home with Bud.
- Roxanne Foss’s niece, Ginny.
- erwin for strength and Lynda for healing.
- Jerry Mills facing chemotherapy.
- Continued Godly journey for Brendan, son of Bonnie Strack and Rebecca, daughter of Michael Shea.
- Bill and Judy Martin’s daughter, Laura, living in Kansas completed her chemo. Praise God it was tough, but she was tougher. Surgery and radiation still await her.
- Pattie, a friend of the Halls with thyroid cancer, treatments have started.
HAVE A MARVELOUS WEEK!